Contrastive Conjunction

 Topic : Contrastive Conjunction

Waktu :  tanggal 21 s/ 26 Bulan  November 2022

                                
 1.  Yosi continued playing game ______ he heard his mother calling.

    A. although

    B. as soon as

    C. after

    D. because

Answer: A.although

 

2. He apologized his wife _______ she has hurt him.

aeventhough            c.nevertheless

b . because                d.however

 

 

 

Answer: a.eventhough

3.      _____________ I had my lunch, I didn’t miss Pizza.

a. Although     c. Finally

b. Moreover    d. Already

Answer: a.Although

 

4.      I keep  going out __________ it’s raining heavily.

a. despite                  c. although

b. in spite of             d. however

Answer: c.although 

 

 

5.      I am not rich,_____________I will help him.

a. because        c. since

b. however      d. unless

Answer:b.however

 

6. ------------------eating a lot of food, Afni is not fat.

    A. Although

    B. However

    C. Despite

    D. nevertheless

Answer: a.Although

 

7.      My brother always helps the girl ___________she rejects him to be her boy friend.

a. nevertheless                      c. despite

b. in spite of                         d. although

Answer: d.although

 

8.      Thomas has done his homework. ________he gets punishment from the teacher.

a. however                  c. Although

b. though                    d. despite

Answer : a.however

9.   Anis  : "Hi Jenny, how was your exam?"

Jenny: "I could answer all questions correctly,  ------------------ I didn’t  study hard,"

  Anis  : "That's good! Better than mine actually."

a. despite               c. even though

b. because             d. in spite of

Answer: c.even though

 10.      She doesn’t go to canteen _________ she is hungry.

a. otherwise     c. in spite of

b. however       d. although

Answer:d.although

  11.     _______ being angry with her boy friend, Laura still give him a present for his birthday.

a. Other than    c. Instead

b. Despite         d. Otherwise

Answer:b.despite

 12.  I will go to the party _____________I’m not feeling well.

a. despite               c. although

b. because             d. in spite of

Answer:c although

 

 13. ______having a car, Mr. Doni goes to work by bus.

    A. Although

    B. However

    C. Despite

    D. While

Answer: c despite

14 . Maya is not beautiful, ..........................a handsome man will marry her.

a.  even though           c. nevertheless

b . because                d. though

Answer: a.even though

 

15.   ___________being sick, my mother didn’t go to doctor.

a. As              c. Besides

b. Unless      d. Despite

Answer:d.despite

 

Name = joel immanuel hutagalung

Class = XII MIPA 6

Komentar